I have heard a lot of good things about The Last Lecture but I have not had the time to watch it on my own. One of the themes he brought up was to never give up on your dreams, even the ones from childhood. This made me think of what my dreams were as a child and how far I’ve come with them.
The first one I remembered instantly was that I wanted to be an astronaut, flying the space shuttle into orbit around earth, walking around in space and then exploring the other planets of the solar system. I had my sights set on Saturn since it had cool rings. Now, I’m a sixth year music major in college with almost no prospects of space flight in the near future. I’m ok with this though, because even though it would be great to be shot into space, this is something I feel passionate about and I can’t imagine anything else I would rather be doing. I will have to settle for riding Mission Space at Epcot for now.
The first one I remembered instantly was that I wanted to be an astronaut, flying the space shuttle into orbit around earth, walking around in space and then exploring the other planets of the solar system. I had my sights set on Saturn since it had cool rings. Now, I’m a sixth year music major in college with almost no prospects of space flight in the near future. I’m ok with this though, because even though it would be great to be shot into space, this is something I feel passionate about and I can’t imagine anything else I would rather be doing. I will have to settle for riding Mission Space at Epcot for now.
Another dream I had was to own a pet. I had some fish growing up along with a poor toad I found for a short period but never anything as large or in my view, as awesome, as a cat or a dog. Everybody else’s pet did cool things like tricks, play with objects or show some sort of sign they cared for their owner. The most my fish did was eat, poop and occasionally not die. During college, my then fiancĂ© and I moved into an apartment and during one trip to the pet store to get a fish, we ended up coming home with a kitten instead. I was ecstatic that I finally had an animal to care for and play with! I had an odd feeling of accomplishment with a kitten running around my apartment, trying to play with anything not nailed down. I had to hide it from some apartment administrators until we found enough money to pay a pet deposit though. Soon after this, we realized that our kitten must be bored at home since we were at school all day so my child dream doubled into two kittens. The first one developed a strong attachment for my wife and the second one I’m sure would love a couch cushion as much as any person.

No comments:
Post a Comment